Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Growing older, feeling younger

"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say - that a whole new life has opened before you."
Agatha Christie (1890 - 1976)

























"When a girl is over 40...well 50 if you must.
Do have a mind of 20 seems a little bit unjust!
But...
There's a fact you have to face...you can't pretend the love of a man...who's maybe twenty or twenty-five.
But from time to time you find a man who has the kind of mind...
that makes you feel it's good to be alive!
(From Betty Davis song: "Growing older feeling younger")

1 comment:

  1. I found you by accident...or was it?
    I am a 53 year old survivor of prostate cancer.
    Your story is inspiring. My life has been changed by the radical surgery and this is something that is never talked about in the gay community so I am having a hard time dealing with the questions. I would like to be able to inspire others as you have inspired me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete